What is this ?(test post)
Why?
Histories and Theories is a unit in the first year of my Architecture degree. I am required to submit a blog, about histories and theories which effect, or have been effected by Architecture.
This unit will be assessed on the following points:
"Are the blogs consistently uploaded?
Is the blog well designed and presented?
Is the blog informative?
Is the blog reflective?" (from activity description)
The class will be required to asses each others work. The tutors/lecturers will also give feed back.
I am also required to complete a manifesto, as a reaction to the subjects we have explored using the blog.
Blogging: What do I do?
Many architects and creative people have blogs for Marketing purposes. Getting exposure for there brand/products/business.
Other reasons include:
- Documenting a process or journey.
- Journaling
- Informing and educating.
- As well as providing information to go with another medium, such as a podcast.
A
lot of emphasis is put on having a niche in the blogging world and making sure you market your blog. For me
that pressure is removed. I already have a topic and my audience is
captive (my fellow students, tutors and most likely my long suffering fiance). My blog may be further marketed to relatives and friends via social media, when I have more content. However, ultimately I plan to follow Aadii Peinarr's advice and write for myself.
A few bloggers like to repeat words like quality content. I hope to achieve this through not repeating words and creating a reference section at the bottom of each post. This will allow readers to understand where I got my information and how good it is. I may even further research and justify my sources. If I am unsure that the quality/credibility of the work is appropriate for the information I have taken from them.
The more laid back approach is to just write anything and post. A small post is better then no post. Additionally, some blog practitioners advise having an end date. Making the idea, of the effort required, to regularly blog more palatable. This approach definitely appeals to my dislexic, dispraxic brain, which regularly demands a hot drink (of procrastination) in order to continue working.
Another key element is Theme and layout. Something I have experimented with over the course of writing this post. I chose a layout which was clear to read; while representing both me and my theme. I hope create an original photo, which represents my topic as well as the stock image dose. The atheistic design of some blogs includes a logo. I feel this is better left untill I have had time to fully understand the nature of the blogs content. The point of a logo is to remain a constant, so that people may quickly link it to a product. If I have to re-create a logo several times it will be pointless.
Well my brain is fuzz. The Originals (Netflix) is calling. So its time to end. The point of this test piece was to understand the task ahead. The initial idea of blogging sounded scary. Writing regularly, in a space where everyone could see my work, sounded awful. However it has proved to be incredibly addictive. My research has helped me understand the best approach for me. The experiment has allowed me to trial different things, over several days. Continuously editing this post and the blog site. I feel that this will continue as the project grows. Ultimately I hope this will be an interesting and informative read. Which will help me form quality opinions on the histories and theories surrounding architecture. So for now sleep tight, don't let the vampires bite.
Help and Advice for dyslexia and dyspraxia in the UK
https://www.dyspraxiauk.com/
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/developmental-coordination-disorder-dyspraxia-in-adults/
https://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/dyslexia/
Referance(s):
Skrba, Anya. “How to Start a Blog (in 2020): Step-by-Step Beginner’s Guide.” Firstsiteguide.com, 29 Oct. 2020, firstsiteguide.com/start-blog/. Accessed 12 Nov. 2020.
Jessica, Hey. “How To Start A Blog in 2020.” YouTube, 14 Jan. 2020, www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRzZ-J5MZ54&t=275s. Accessed 12 Nov. 2020.
Skrba, Anya. “How to Start a Blog (in 2020): Step-by-Step Beginner’s Guide.” Firstsiteguide.com, 29 Oct. 2020, firstsiteguide.com/start-blog/. Accessed 12 Nov. 2020.
Skrba, Anya. “How to Start a Blog (in 2020): Step-by-Step Beginner’s Guide.” Firstsiteguide.com, 29 Oct. 2020, firstsiteguide.com/start-blog/. Accessed 12 Nov. 202 0.
Skeete, Natalie. “The Forest Blog | Forest Architecture.” Www.Forestarchitecture.co.uk, www.forestarchitecture.co.uk/blog/. Accessed 12 Nov. 2020.

Comments
Post a Comment